LAUNCHING OF THIRD ANTI SUBMARINE WARFARE
SMT CHITRA JOSHI
ADMIRAL D K JOSHI, PVSM AVSM YSM NM VSM ADC, CHIEF OF THE NAVAL STAFF, KOLKATA
GRSE proudly announces launching of the Third Anti Submarine Warfare Corvette (ASWC) from GRSE Main Yard on 26 March 2013 by Smt Chitra Joshi in the august presence of Admiral D K Joshi, PVSM AVSM YSM NM VSM ADC, Chief of the Naval Staff, Rear Admiral (Retd) A K Verma, VSM, Chairman & Managing Director, GRSE, Kolkata and other dignitaries from Armed Forces, Ministry of Defence & West Bengal Administration.
Admiral Joshi in his speech during the ceremony mentioned “It is a matter of great pride for GRSE to have built complex warships like Multipurpose Frigates, Missile Corvettes, Fleet Tankers, Landing Ship Tanks, Fast Attack Crafts and many more variety of ships”.
ASW Corvette is a frontline warship for the Indian Navy with anti submarine warfare capability and very low signature of radiated underwater noise. The Ship’s Hull form is highly efficient with excellent Sea keeping and maneuvrability characteristics having an overall length of 109 Mtrs. She can cut through the sea at a very high speed of 25 Knots. Hull of the ship is built with Warship grade high tensile indigenous steel.
The ASW Corvette ships also mark many firsts for the Indian Navy namely “Introduction of the Rail Less Helo Traversing System”, “Foldable Hangar Door”, “Use of indigenous DMR 249A Steel” and “Carbon Fibre Reinforced Plastic (CFRP) Superstructure” integrated with the Steel hull of the ship. The ASW Corvette class of ships are also likely to achieve indigenisation content of almost 90%, which is truly showcasing the relentless efforts being made by Indian Navy and Defence Shipyards towards the national goal of indigenisation and self-reliance.
GRSE is constructing four ships of ASW Corvette class under project P-28. The first ship of the class is likely to be delivered this year and other three ships by 2016.
GRSE CONFERRED ‘CARING COMPANY AWARD -2013’ AT WORLD CSR CONGRESS
THE ECONOMIC TIMES, KOLKATA, 07 MAR, 2013
Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Ltd was conferred with’Caring Company Award – 2013′ at the World CSR Congress in Mumbai on February 18. The award was received by KP Chattoraj, General Manager (HR&A) and B Urma, Addl General Manager (HR) in the presence of dignitaries and experts
COMMISSIONING OF INSHORE PATROL VESSEL, 8
JAN, 2013 AT IN JETTY, CHENNAI
BUILT BY: GARDEN REACH SHIPBUILDERS & ENGINEERS LTD
“ICGS Rajkamal”, GRSE built Inshore Patrol Vessel (IPV) has been Commissioned by Raksha Rajya Mantri Shri Jitendra Singh on 8 January 2013 at Chennai in presence of Vice Admiral M P Muralidharan ,AVSM NM , Director General Indian Coast Guard & Rear Admiral (Retd) A.K. VERMA, VSM, Chairman & Managing Director, GRSE along with other distinguished guest.
The IPV class of ships have been conceptualized and designed by GRSE and are being built in the Shipyard in less than two years. These ships are highly cost effective, fuel efficient and capable of doing high speed patrolling up to 35 Knots (approx 60 km/hour). These class of vessels are well suited for anti- smuggling, anti-poaching and searching rescue operations. The ship is fitted with state of the art Main Engines, Water jet propulsion systems and Integrated Bridge modular system integrating all Communication and Navigation Systems.
DELIVERY OF INSHORE PATROL VESSEL, KOLKATA
Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Ltd, Kolkata delivered the 4th vessel of Inshore Patrol Vessel (IPV) class to Indian Coast Guard on 09 Nov 12 .The ceremony was held in the Main yard of the Company . The formal handing over was done by Rear Admiral A K Verma (Retd) , Chairman & Managing Director of the Company to the Commanding officer of the ship.
Keel of the ship was laid on 28th Mar 11 and within a period of only six months, the ship was launched. This has been possible because GRSE had put special attention to adopt Integrated Construction Technology to the extent possible with existing infrastructure facilities available at the yard. This series of IPVs has opened a new vista for production line at this yard with marked departure from earlier series so far as reduction in build period is concerned. GRSE is fully geared up to meet the demand of this type of ships from Indian Navy & Indian Coast Guard.
These ships are cost effective, fuel efficient, powerful and well suited for patrolling, anti-smuggling, anti-poaching and rescue operation. These ships have been fitted with state of the art Main Engines, Water jet units, Engine Control and Integrated Bridge System integrating all Communication and Navigation Systems. The ships are provided with improved habitability with fully air conditioned modular accommodation for its crew.
RAKSHA MANTRI’S AWARD OF EXCELLENCE FOR BEST PERFORMING SHIPYARD 05 OCT, 2012 – DRDO AUDITORIUM, NEW DELHI 2
1. Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Ltd, Kolkata has been selected as the “Best performing Shipyard” in the country for the year 2010-11. Hon’ble Raksha Mantri Shri A K Antony conferred the award to Rear Admiral (Retd) A.K.Verma, VSM, Chairman & Managing Director of GRSE at DRDO Auditorium, New Delhi on 05 Oct 2012 in the presence of functional Directors, worker’s representative & other dignitaries.
2. The award has been bestowed on GRSE for its steadfast pursuit of excellence, total customer satisfaction & enhanced productivity through sustained research and development and quality conscious approach by maximizing employee participation and adopting appropriate HRD programmes.
3. GRSE today is one of the finest Shipyards in the world producing quality ships for the Indian Navy and Indian Coast Guard. The Shipyard has produced 80 warships for our armed forces and 700 other vessels for commercial use. Presently, GRSE has an order book of 21 Ships which includes an export order for Govt of Mauritius.The Shipyard is also undertaking modernization programme to double its production capabilities.
MESSAGE OF HON’BLE RAKSHA MANTRI ON HIS VISIT TO GRSE – 18 AUG, 2012, KOLKATA
“I am much impressed by the enthusiasm seen all around in the shipyard. GRSE is our flagship shipyard. I assure you our full support for the progress of the shipyard. My best wishes to the management, officers and all the workers of the shipyard”
PRESENTATION OF DIVIDEND CHEQUE TO THE HON’BLE RAKSHA MANTRI ON 25 SEPT, 2012
- A cheque for Rs 24.77 crore towards Dividend for the FY 2011-12 was handed over on 25 Sept 2012 to Shri A K Antony, the Hon’ble Raksha Mantri by Rear Admiral (Retd.) A K Verma , VSM, Chairman & Managing Director in presence of Shri Shekhar Agarwal , Secretary (Defence Production), Shri Gyanesh Kumar, Joint Secretary (NS) and functional Directors of the Company. GRSE, being a Defence Shipyard of the country, has been paying dividend to the Government exchequer for over a decade.
- This year, GRSE has achieved a record Value of Productio of Rs 1293.80 crore as compared to a VOP of Rs 1046.97 crores in FY 2010-11 and the company has been successfully maintaining upward trend in its turnover over last 8 years. In order to reduce the built period of warships, GRSE has embarked upon a modernization programme for its shipbuilding facilities at an approx cost of Rs 630 crore. The project is expected to be put into operation by end of this year
- GRSE’s order position, as on date, stands around Rs 10,000 Crore which includes 4 nos. Anti Submarine Warfare Corvettes having stealth features implying low detection probability and 8 nos. Landing Craft Utilities for the Indian Navy and 8 nos. Inshore Patrol Vessels for Coast Guard. GRSE has also signed a contract with the Government of Republic of Mauritius for construction and supply of one no. Offshore Patrol Vessel at a price of USD 58.50 Million, which is one of the major export orders in the defence sector.
- For over fifty years as a Defence PSU, GRSE had been effectively contributing to the defence preparedness of the country by producing finest warships for the Indian Navy and Coast Guard. Not just building large warships, GRSE had also been catering to the needs of various other Governmental agencies like Border Security Force, State Police, Civil Defence etc. in terms of low cost, light weight aluminum and fibre glass boats. These boats, built by GRSE have proved to be very useful and effective for coastal patrolling and rescue operations.
- With the active support and co-operation of the business partners / associates for various shipbuilding activities and consequent to acquisition of additional shipbuilding facility at Raja Bagan Dockyard (RBD) on 01 July 2006, capabilities of this Mini Ratna Indian Defence Shipyard, has increased manifold enabling quality production of warships in shorter time frame. All these achievements have been possible with efforts of highly skilled and dedicated workmen of GRSE who are determined to take GRSE to much greater height in the near future.
LAUNCHING OF IPVS RAJDOOT & RAJVEER ON 06 AUG, 2012, KOLKATA
Simultaneous Launching of Indian Coast Guard Inshore Patrol Vessels (IPVs) RAJDOOT & RAJVEER on 06 Aug 12 from Raja Bagan Dockyard, GRSE Ltd
Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Ltd launched the 6th and 7th ships in the series of eight Water Jet propelled Inshore Patrol Vessel (IPV) for Indian Coast Guard on 06 August 2012 at 1315 hrs, simultaneously from Raja Bagan Dock Yard in Kolkata . These ships were launched by Smt Jayasree Muralidharan, in the august presence of VADM M P Muralidharan, AVSM, NM, Director General, Indian Coast Guard, RADM A K Verma, VSM, Chairman & Managing Director, GRSE and other distinguished guests. During this solemn ceremony, the ships were named as ‘RAJDOOT’&‘RAJVEER’ respectively.
Keel of these ships were laid on 24th January 12 and within a period of only six months, these ships are launched. This is a great achievement for Raja Bagan Dockyard. This could be achieved with adoption of Integrated Construction Technology now possible with existing infrastructure facilities available at the Raja Bagan Dockyard (RBD).
Further outfitting work on ‘RAJDOOT’ & ‘RAJVEER’ will be taken up at RBD jetty and thereafter sea trials . Delivery of these ships to Coast Guard is planned in Jan and Mar 2013 respectively. These ships have been entirely designed by Design department of GRSE and with efficient hull form can achieve a speed in excess of of 34 knots.
Construction of IPVs has opened a new vista for production line at GRSE with substantial reduction in build period from 23 months to 18 months and GRSE is fully geared up to meet the demand of this type of ships from Indian Navy & Indian Coast Guard having efficient production line.
These ships are cost effective, fuel efficient, powerful and well suited for patrolling, anti-smuggling, anti-poaching and rescue operation. These ships have been fitted with state of the art Main Engines, Water jet units, Propulsion Control and Integrated Bridge System integrating all Communication and Navigation Systems. The ships are provided with improved habitability with fully air conditioned modular accommodation for a complement of 35 personnel.
GRSE Engine Division at Ranchi has supplied the main engine with Propulsion control system under license agreement with MTU, Germany while GRSE Engineering Division has supplied Anchor Capstan, Mooring Capstan and Ammunition Davit.
With the active support and co-operation of numerous business partners in various shipbuilding activities, the capabilities of this Mini Ratna Defence Shipyard has increased manifold enabling quality production of Warships and auxiliary ships in shorter time frame. All these achievement have been possible due to untiring efforts of highly skilled and dedicated workmen,supervisors and officers of GRSE who are determined to take GRSE to much greater heights in the near future.
KEEL LAYING OF MOPV ON 23 APR, 2012, KOLKATA
Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Ltd laid the keel of the OFFSHORE PATROL VESSEL (MOPV) for Republic of Government of Mauritius at their Main Yard on 23 April 2012. The Keel of the ship was laid in presence of His Excellency Dr Arye Kumar Juggessar, GOSK, His Excellency High Commissioner, Government of Republic of Mauritius. Rear Admiral (Retd) A.K. Verma, VSM, Chairman & Managing Director and other Directors were also present on the ceremony.
GRSE had signed the contract for this prestigious export order on 4th March, 2011 which had started a new chapter in Indo-Mauritian co-operation. The cost of the Ship is US$ 58.5 Million.
GRSE undertakes to design, construct and deliver the vessel in a stipulated time of 42 months from the date of signing the contract. The MOPV shall be 74.10 mtr long with a moulded breadth of 11.40 mtr and shall have a maximum speed of 20 knots with an approximate displacement of 1350 tonnes and an endurance of more than 5000 nautical miles. The ship has been fitted with state of the art Main Engines, Engine Control and Integrated Bridge System integrating all Communication and Navigation Systems. The ships are provided with improved habitability with fully air conditioned modular accommodation for 93 complements.
The MOPV shall be capable of carrying out multipurpose roles viz, Anti Piracy, Search & Rescue Operation, Anti Smuggling & Anti-Drug Surveillance, Anti Poaching Operation, Logistic Support Operation (including Transportation of Dry Cargo, Fuel Oil, Fresh Food), Pollution Response and External Fire Fighting, Transportation of Small Detachment of Troops/Personnel, Helicopter Operations (without hanger). The ship, once constructed, will ensure safety and security in the Maritime Zones/EEZ of Mauritius.
This MOPV has opened a new vista for production line at this yard with marked departure from earlier series so far as reduction in build period is concerned. GRSE is fully geared up to meet the demand of this type of ship from Indian Navy & Indian Coast Guard as well as overseas markets.
53RD GRSE ANNIVERSARY, 19 APR, 2012, KOLKATA
- Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Ltd celebrated the 53rd anniversary of the Shipyard as defence PSU on 19 April 2012.
- Hon’ble Shri M K Narayanan, His Excellency the Governor of West Bengal graced the reception held at Ordnance Club and interacted with the officials of the Company. Many senior Government officials and dignitaries from the Armed forces and industries attended the function.
- A function was also organized in the Company premises to felicitate the officers and employees of the Company on the occasion. Rear Admiral (Retd) A.K.Verma, VSM, Chairman & Managing Director was the chief guest . All the Directors, Senior Management, Officials, Union Representatives and Employee of the company attended the function.
- “GRSE Shree”- the highest Company award was given to Shri Gobindo Gayen, Plant operator & Shri Rabin Ganguly, AGM (Planning) in recognition of their outstanding contribution in the performance of the Company. Various quality circle winners as well as sports winners were also felicitated. The merit awards for academic excellence to the children of the Company employees were also distributed on the occasion.