The origin of GRSE dates back to 1884. Initially the company was engaged in the business of operating shipbuilding and repair workshops as an unincorporated entity. It was incorporated as “Garden Reach Workshops Limited” on February 26, 1934 under the Companies Act, 1913 with the Registrar of Companies, Calcutta. It was named “Garden Reach Workshops Private Limited” on November 5, 1957. The organization was nationalised in 1960 and was soon brought under the fold of Ministry of Defence. Since then the share capital of the company is wholly owned by the President of India along with its nominees from time to time.
Following the government acquisition the company name was changed to “Garden Reach Workshops Limited” on November 30, 1961. The name was again changed to “Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Limited” on December 31, 1976, following the certificate of incorporation issued by the Registrar of Companies, West Bengal. In a major development in the history of the company, GRSE became a public company after a special resolution of the shareholders at an Annual General Meeting held on August 25, 2017.
Registered and Corporate Office
Garden Reach Shipbuilders & Engineers Limited
GRSE Bhavan, 61, Garden Reach Road
Kolkata – 700 024
West Bengal, India
Tel: +91-33- 24698100-8113
Corporate Identity Number: U35111WB1934GOI007891
Registration Number: 007891
Address of the Registrar of Companies
Our Company is registered with the RoC, West Bengal situated at Nizam Palace, 2nd MSO Building, 2nd floor, 234/4, A.J.C.B. Road, Kolkata – 700 020, West Bengal, India.