Main Works is the heart and soul of GRSE’s operations. The centrepiece of Main Works is an Integrated Shipbuilding Facility located in Kolkata, India. The facility which occupies approximately 48 acres of land consists of the following.
- One (1) Dry Dock measuring 180 X 29 X 10 M of 10,000 DWT launching capacity
- One (1) Inclined Berth measuring 180 X 23 M of 4,500 DWT launching capacity
- Portable shelters over the Dry Dock and Inclined Berth
- Module Hall for constructing large pre-outfitted blocks of up to 200 tonnes
- Blast and Paint Cell
- Two (2) additional River Jetties
- Central Pier
Main Works also consists of the following structures.
- Wet Basin and Dry Dock
- 80 X 25 X 8 M fully covered Non-tidal Wet Basin with 2 X 10 tonnes EOT Cranes suited for all weather fitting-out of medium and small ships
- 160 X 25 X 8 M Dry Dock with 2 X 40 tonnes Goliath Cranes suited for the construction and repair of ships
- Building Berth
- Measures 180 X 25 M
- Equipped with 2 X 40/10 tonnes Cranes and supporting fabrication shops
- River Jetties
- Two (2) River Jetties which able berthing of vessels up to 60 M in length and
- Suited for out-fitting/ repair of smaller vessels
- Additional Facilities - Boat Shed for manufacturing Fast Interceptor Boat.
- Two air-conditioned and humidity-controlled shops with six bays ranging from 18 to 40 M in length
- Capable of building crafts up to 20 M